Monday, October 29, 2012

#PuppyPlay on 'Taboo'

I'm not sure if you noticed, but the National Geographic recently ran a rather good episode on Puppy Play as part of its  #Taboo series. It's worth having a look if you missed it:
(you can view it on YouTube here if you're watching from a mobile devise that doesn't enable embedding)



I think it's the first genuinely positive TV coverage of the scene that I've seen: the narrator seemed sympathetic, and the pup and her Mistress did a very good job of representing both the creativity and the playfulness of our play; they were also very good at emphasising that the bond between pup and Handler is one based on love and support, and made the two psychology 'Experts' look like complete idiots!

Interesting that the pup mentioned about having spent many years in the army, and feeling safe within a strongly disciplined environment. I have never been in the military, but I do feel the same as pup to my Handler: it is my obedience to Him that makes me feel free to simply be who I am.

Most of all, I loved the repeated comments that pup-play is a way for both pup and Handler to express deep love and devotion for each other, within a power relationship based on protection, devotion and exploration.

Well done ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i really appreciate receiving constructive comments - they will be added once i have had time to review them.

Please do not post offensive comments or spam, as these will be automatically deleted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails