Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Counting blessings...

Geoff kneeling in the bath whilst I sobbed my suddenly overwhelming feelings of hopelessness and powerlessness - not caring for the water soaking into his jeans or my tears soaking into his shirt; not needing to say anything, just holding me and rocking me and letting me know by the warmth of his bodily presence that I am loved and supported - and that together we can overcome the return of this depression and the work stress that caused it...

Nigel phoning and realising my dark mood - listening carefully, giving His own words of love and support - and then reminding me of all the wonderful times we have shared - making me laugh and smile in a way that outshines this current black mood. Then emailing me daily words of support and positive actions i can do to help me through these dark emotions...

A colleague calling just to say how valued and respected I am - and reminding me that I must not let the current situation we face at work to let me forget the Professional regard and respect that I am held in...

Another colleague texting with his own words of appreciation and support...


In the dark depths of stress and depression it is easy to forget what an incredible network of love and support we gather about us - or how powerful a few words of appreciation can be in rescuing another from self-doubt.

Please: take time to tell those whom you love that you LOVE them. Let your colleagues and friends know how appreciated and respected they are. That small act may well save someone's life.


Geoff & Nigel: i LOVE YOU. i can't say that often enough or with enough conviction. You are both such beautiful, honourable and wonderful men.

It is an honour to know and love you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i really appreciate receiving constructive comments - they will be added once i have had time to review them.

Please do not post offensive comments or spam, as these will be automatically deleted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails